Moving a Mobile Home

Illinois State Statute (35ILCS515/11) requires that a mobile home being moved a distance greater than one mile must have a mobile home moving permit issued by the County Treasurer’s Office confirming The Mobile Home Local Services Tax is paid up to date.

To issue this permit the will county treasurer’s office requires:
• Copy of current title or certificate of origin
• $10.00 fee

The Will County Treasurer’s Office will provide the original permit to the requester and forward a copy to The Will County Highway Department.

The mobile home moving permit can be found here MOBILE HOME MOVING PERMIT.

(35 ILCS 515/12) Sec. 12. It shall be a Class B misdemeanor to fail to submit information required under this Act or to knowingly submit any false information under this Act.